Restriction Enzymes Doodle Diagram Notes
This set of guided notes with biology doodles can be little anchor charts for your student to keep in their notebook! Using these pages, students can color, doodle, and make connections within the material as they takes notes in class.
There are 3 student pages:
1. The first page explains how restriction enzymes work, how they target specific sequences and cut the DNA.
2. The second page explains DNA fingerprinting (Southern blots are mentioned but only in passing - at the high school level, I just focus on the end result of DNA fingerprinting)
3. The third page explains paternity testing using DNA fingerprinting.
This topic is usually introduced in the biotechnology unit of biology class.
Please see the preview and read the description carefully to see what is included:
Google slides version now included!
Included in the PDF file:
* Student Sample (3 pages)
* Teacher Tips/Discussion Tips (3 pages)
* Teacher Answer Key (3 pages)
* Three different options for student pages (3 different options of the same student pages, including a fill-in-the-blank version for differentiation)
* One exit ticket included
All files are non-editable PDFs. They are non-editable to protect the images that are copyrighted and purchased through licenses. Thanks for understanding!
(C) Bethany Lau
All Rights Reserved.