This set of guided notes with chemistry doodles can be little anchor charts for your student to keep in their notebook! Using these pages, students can color, doodle, and make connections within the material as they takes notes in class.
There are 3 student pages:
1. A page that discusses the basics of first ionization energy and the trends on the periodic table
2. A page that discusses second ionization energy (and further than second). It introduces the idea that when you continue removing an electron from an ion, there is a large jump in ionization energy that occurs after a certain number of electrons have been removed. This page asks students to think about why??
3. A page that discusses noble gas ionization energy and why it's really high. Then it goes back to the question of very high already-ion ionization energy and answers the mystery from page 2.
Google slides version now included!
Included in the PDF file:
* Student Sample (3 pages)
* Teacher Tips/Discussion Tips (4 pages)
* Teacher Answer Key (3 pages)
* Three different options for student pages (3 different options of the same student pages, including a fill-in-the-blank version for differentiation)
* One exit ticket included
All files are non-editable PDFs. They are non-editable to protect the images that are copyrighted and purchased through licenses. Thanks for understanding!